-DemoClient.cpp modifications and question about thrift client / HBase 0.89.20100924
Saptarshi Guha 2010-11-21, 08:04
0) The DemoClient.cpp (versions, see [a]) does not compile on FC8 with
I modified DemoClient.cpp to make it work. I've attached a diff. (Compiles
X Snow Leopard and FC 8 (EC2 instance))
HBase Change Log
Release 0.89.20100924 - Fri Sep 24 13:51:36 PDT 2010
1) Question about Hbase Thrift api:
>From Hbase.thrift, the scannerGet returns a list of TRowResult but the
description says it returns the /current/ row - are these the versions of
row? If so, having tested DemoClient.cpp, for each scannerGet the result is
length 1 (the latest version).
So why an array of TRowResult as opposed to just TRowResult ?
* Returns the scanner's current row value and advances to the next
* row in the table. When there are no more rows in the table, or a key
* greater-than-or-equal-to the scanner's specified stopRow is reached,
* an empty list is returned.
* @return a TRowResult containing the current row and a map of the
columns to TCells.
* @throws IllegalArgument if ScannerID is invalid
* @throws NotFound when the scanner reaches the end
/** id of a scanner returned by scannerOpen */
) throws (1:IOError io, 2:IllegalArgument ia)
Stack 2010-11-23, 23:33