Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Hadoop build slaves software

+
Todd Lipcon 2013-01-04, 07:24
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2013-01-04, 17:31
+
Rajiv Chittajallu 2013-01-04, 18:59
+
Todd Lipcon 2013-01-04, 19:08
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-01-04, 19:10
+
Todd Lipcon 2013-01-04, 19:15
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2013-01-05, 00:26
+
Rajiv Chittajallu 2013-01-04, 19:23
Re: Hadoop build slaves software
When I configured the other machines I used the source to compile and
install the protoc, as the 2.4.1 wasn't available in the ubuntu repo.

BTW installed 2.4.1 on asf008.
gkesavan@asf008:~$ protoc --version
libprotoc 2.4.1
-Giri
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Todd Lipcon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> It looks like hadoop8 has recently come back online as a build slave,
> but is failing all the builds because it has an ancient version of
> protobuf (2.2.0):
> todd@asf008:~$ protoc  --version
> libprotoc 2.2.0
>
> In contrast, other slaves have 2.4.1:
> todd@asf001:~$ protoc --version
> libprotoc 2.4.1
>
> asf001 has the newer protoc in /usr/local/bin but asf008 does not.
> Does anyone know how software is meant to be deployed on these build
> slaves? I'm happy to download and install protobuf 2.4.1 into
> /usr/local on asf008 if manual installation is the name of the game,
> but it seems like we should be doing something a little more
> reproducible than one-off builds by rando developers to manage our
> toolchain on the Jenkins slaves.
>
> -Todd
> --
> Todd Lipcon