HBase >> mail # user >> Custom Filter and SEEK_NEXT_USING_HINT issue

+
Eugeny Morozov 2013-01-18, 23:28
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-18, 23:56
+
Eugeny Morozov 2013-01-19, 09:36
+
Ted 2013-01-19, 13:16
+
Eugeny Morozov 2013-01-20, 21:22
+
Michael Segel 2013-01-21, 00:22
+
Eugeny Morozov 2013-01-21, 08:16
Re: Custom Filter and SEEK_NEXT_USING_HINT issue
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Eugeny Morozov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I do not
> understand why with FuzzyFilter it goes from one region to another until it
> stops at the value. I suppose if scanning process has started at once on
> all regions

Scanning process does not start parallely on all regions.  Once a start row
is specified with the scan, the corresponding region server is picked up
and on that region server,
the scan starts from that region which holds the start row and the scan
proceeds till it finds the stop row. The stop row can be any of the regions
in the same region server, in the exact increasing byte order.

Regards
Ram
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-01-21, 08:59