Flume >> mail # user >> syslogTcp - is it possible to figure out senders IP (if not in message)?

+
Erik Steffl 2013-05-10, 22:14
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-05-11, 05:27
Re: syslogTcp - is it possible to figure out senders IP (if not in message)?
  That's for Flume agents, we are using rsyslog to send messages (so no
Flume agents). However even if we used Flume agents I would still have
the same question (for same reason, Flume agent can be misconfigured
just like rsyslog can be misconfigured).

   Looking for something that would get the IP address of the host where
the message is coming from in case we have bad rsyslog configuration and
it does not send hostname (very unlikely but would like to have
something cause if it happens it would be really hard to track the
message origin afterwards)

   Since it's syslogTcp that is processing the incoming message I was
hoping that it could get the sender's IP, but that does nto seem
possible. Is there any way to do this in Flume?

   thanks!

erik