Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 02:33
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-29, 03:50
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 16:31
Tom White 2012-08-29, 17:30
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-29, 17:42
Suresh Srinivas 2012-08-29, 17:02
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-29, 17:13
Suresh Srinivas 2012-08-29, 17:26
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-29, 18:41
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 17:04
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 18:22
Eli Collins 2012-08-29, 18:49
Tom White 2012-08-29, 20:34
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-29, 20:40
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 21:18
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-30, 13:46
+
Sharad Agarwal 2012-08-30, 06:41
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:29
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-30, 16:17
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 23:44
On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 04:44PM, Todd Lipcon wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I doubt that. Creating TLPs either directly by going to the board, or
> > via going to the Incubator should involve a set of members of the
> > committee (PMC) that desire to work together; that ideally trust one another; that
> > are inclusive to others who jump on the list and discuss things; and that
> > collect these principles into the "Apache way", and build and deliver software at
> > no cost to the public via this Foundation.
>
> Just because we argue doesn't mean we don't desire to work together.
> Smart passionate people will argue. I argue with my colleagues here at
> Cloudera, I argue with Hortonworkers, and I argue with Facebookers -
> it doesn't really matter much. I still enjoy getting beers with them
> when I end up at conferences. No hard feelings, we're all adults,
> right?

(sorry for snipping...)

That's a truly amazing, Todd, and you certainly are lucky to be working in
such a great environment!

(the following isn't a stab at you, personally, so please don't get it that way)
I was "terminated" from my previous job because I was expressing my opinions
on this list all too freely. And the said opinions happened to be misaligned
with the "official party line" of my then-employer. Or was it because my
opinions were hurting somebody else, that my employer didn't want to piss off
at the time?  Hmm... does my memory getting vague? Hardly so. And it's exactly
when I have added the disclaimer below to my apache email account's signature.
But no hard feeling, I guess, right?

So let's put it straight - politics is hurting this community but in the
pursuit of the 'best interest' haven't we became a bit too complacent?

Is there a way around it? I am sure there is!
Will we find that way? Only time will tell, I guess.

Regards,
  Cos
2CAC 8312 4870 D885 8616  6115 220F 6980 1F27 E622

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author, and do
not necessarily represent the views of any company the author might be
affiliated with at the moment of writing.
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:54
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-08-30, 10:12
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-30, 14:11
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-30, 14:23
+
Brock Noland 2012-08-30, 14:43
+
Devaraj Das 2012-08-31, 01:28
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-31, 06:02
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 06:15
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-31, 06:42
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 06:50
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-31, 16:59
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-31, 17:10
+
Jagane Sundar 2012-08-31, 17:24
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-31, 17:11
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-31, 07:55
+
Robert Evans 2012-08-31, 14:34
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 15:09
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-31, 16:00
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 16:08
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-09-01, 00:23
+
Sharad Agarwal 2012-09-01, 09:59
+
Mahadev Konar 2012-08-31, 15:05
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 06:36
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 13:51
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 10:25
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 11:00
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-30, 00:16
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 00:55
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:34
+
Jakob Homan 2012-08-29, 21:22
+
Travis Thompson 2012-08-29, 22:30
+
Steve Loughran 2012-08-31, 11:54
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 14:14
+
Robert Evans 2012-08-29, 15:17
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 17:22
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-29, 03:45
+
Michael Segel 2012-08-29, 17:26
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 18:48
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:20
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 05:46
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 06:31
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 07:02
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-30, 07:11
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 12:29
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 23:35
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-29, 23:53
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-29, 23:47
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 23:48
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 01:52
+
Inder.dev Java 2012-08-30, 16:33
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-30, 17:00
+
Owen OMalley 2012-08-30, 18:25
+
Inder.dev Java 2012-08-31, 19:00
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-31, 20:44
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-31, 22:43
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-29, 18:41
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:19
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 05:38
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 06:06
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 06:18
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 06:31
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 07:17
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-29, 23:27
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:32
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 01:47
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-29, 23:40
+
Jun Ping Du 2012-08-29, 18:35
+
Chris Douglas 2012-08-31, 01:24
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-31, 03:35
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2012-08-31, 15:59
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-01, 13:21