Sqoop >> mail # user >> FW: Unable to connect to oracle database from sqoop

Re: Unable to connect to oracle database from sqoop
OK, so either use this connection parameter:

--connect  "jdbc:oracle:thin:scott/tiger@
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=MyIPAddress)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=CP.MYTNSNAME)))"

or try this:

--connect jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521/CP.MYTNSNAME --username scott
--password tiger

Michal Taborsky