HDFS >> mail # user >> How to speed up Hadoop?

How to speed up Hadoop?
Hi all,

     I am looking for ways to configure Hadoop inorder to speed up data
processing. Assuming all my nodes are highly fault tolerant, will making
data replication factor 1 speed up the processing? Are there some way to
disable failure monitoring done by Hadoop?

Thank you for your time.

-Sundeep