Accumulo >> mail # user >> Is there a method in the accumulo api to get the total bytes used and/or total key/value pairs for each tablet?

+
Jeff Kubina 2013-04-11, 11:15
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 13:50
Re: Is there a method in the accumulo api to get the total bytes used and/or total key/value pairs for each tablet?
On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Jeff Kubina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there a method in the accumulo api to get the total bytes used and/or
> total key/value pairs for each tablet? I believe I can get the total bytes
> used per tablet using HDFS file size calls on the tables directory, but what
> about the total key/value pairs for each tablet?

I sent a note earlier with some tips about getting this info from the
metadata table.  This is not how the monitor obtains this information.
  The monitor ask the master for the info.  The master periodically
ask tablet servers for the info.    Using this method, the monitor
obtains information about whats stored in memory, which is not
available via the metadata table.   Also, all of the stats information
passed from tserver to master is rolled up by table.  So you would not
be able to get more granular info through this mechanism.
+
Jeff Kubina 2013-04-11, 21:44
+
Eric Newton 2013-04-11, 23:08