Zookeeper, mail # user - Delegating Load within Quorum

+
Matthew Ward 2012-04-21, 00:25
Re: Delegating Load within Quorum
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-04-21, 01:31
Have a look at the constructor for StaticHostProvider. You'll see that it
does a Collections.shuffle(this.serverAddresses) - so each client should
connect to a random server in the ensemble.

-JZ

On 4/20/12 5:25 PM, "Matthew Ward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am running an ensemble of 3 zookeepers (version 3.3.4) which coordinate
>the activity of many async worker threads. A pattern I am observing is
>that when we start up the worker threads, they all establish a connection
>to the first zookeeper listed in the address string. What we would like
>to happen is for each worker box to round-robin (or randomize) the
>initial connection to the quorum to better distribute load. The other 2
>zookeepers do not get any traffic.
>
>I thought I read someplace that it is preferable to keep the address
>string the same across the workers...... short of randomizing the quorum
>order in the address string across the workers - is there a quick and
>easy way to accomplish this?
>
>Thanks!

+
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-04-25, 21:56