MapReduce, mail # user - Re: How to construct path to a HDFS dir in local host

+
Harsh J 2013-08-03, 17:38
Re: How to construct path to a HDFS dir in local host
Mohammad Tariq 2013-08-03, 19:33
Hello Huy,

Try adding the port as well and see if it helps :
hdfs://localhost:9000/data.(as
per your config)

And if you don't want to give the complete URI and do it by giving just the
directory Path add the following lines in your client to tell it that you
want to operate on HDFS and not on your local FS

conf.addResource(new Path(
"/Users/miqbal1/hadoop-eco/hadoop-1.1.2/conf/core-site.xml"));

 conf.addResource(new Path(
"/Users/miqbal1/hadoop-eco/hadoop-1.1.2/conf/hdfs-site.xml"));
HTH

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ensure you also initialize the FileSystem object (fs) against the
> right FS URI. It may be trying to resolve /data as a LocalFS path.
>
> On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Huy Pham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > So I am trying to get the content of a HDFS dir. The instruction gives an
> > example like this:
> > FileStatus[] status = fs.listStatus(new
> > Path("hdfs://jp.seka.com:9000/user/jeka/in"));
> > But now I need to apply this example to my local host, which has HDFS dir
> > "/data". I tried putting "/data" and "hdfs://localhost/data" but it still
> > said "file not found" in the output.
> > The code I use can be found here:
> >
> https://sites.google.com/site/hadoopandhive/home/how-to-read-all-files-in-a-directory-in-hdfs-using-hadoop-filesystem-api
> > Can someone explain how to put the right string for the path?
> > Thanks
>

> --
> Harsh J

+