Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: Heads up - 2.0.5-beta

+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-04-26, 01:36
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-26, 18:02
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-04-26, 23:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-27, 01:06
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-04-30, 23:28
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-01, 20:15
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-01, 23:08
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-02, 01:24
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-02, 07:07
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-02, 09:11
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-03, 00:53
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-02, 09:08
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-02, 22:05
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-03, 08:06
+
Robert Evans 2013-05-03, 15:23
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-01, 19:13
+
Arpit Agarwal 2013-04-26, 23:52
+
Amir Sanjar 2013-04-26, 02:23
+
Steve Loughran 2013-04-29, 22:37
+
Amir Sanjar 2013-04-30, 02:05
+
Steve Loughran 2013-04-30, 16:48
+
Amir Sanjar 2013-04-30, 17:09
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-04-26, 02:31
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-26, 18:15
+
Eli Collins 2013-04-26, 19:07
Re: Heads up - 2.0.5-beta
Eli, I will post a more detailed reply soon. But one small correction:
I'm also not sure there's currently consensus on what an incompatible
> change is. For example, I think HADOOP-9151 is incompatible because it
> broke client/server wire compatibility with previous releases and any
> change that breaks wire compatibility is incompatible.  Suresh felt it
> was not an incompatible change because it did not affect API
> compatibility (ie PB is not considered part of the API) and the change
> occurred while v2 is in alpha.

This is not correct. I did not say it was not an incompatible change.
It was indeed an incompatible wire protocol change. My argument was,
the phase of development we were in, we could not mark wire protocol
as stable and not make any incompatible change. But once 2.0.5-beta
is out, as had discussed earlier, we should not make further incompatible
changes to wire protocol.

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/
+