Hive >> mail # user >> parse_url returning NULL

parse_url returning NULL
Hello list,

         I have a file stored in my HDFS which contains some urls. File
looks like this :
abc.in
xyz.net
http://tariq.com
http://tariq.in/sompath

And i'm trying to get the hostnames from these urls using *parse_url*. It
works fine except for the urls which do not contain any scheme. So when I
issue

hive> select parse_url(url, 'HOST') from url;

it gives me :

NULL
NULL
tariq.com
tariq.in

Could someone please point out the mistake? Many thanks.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com
+