Hive >> mail # user >> Hive command stalls

Hive command stalls
Hi All,

I installed HIVE version 0.8.1 on Cigwin. I also installed Hadoop 1.0.4. I have set the JAVA_HOME and HIVE_HOME environment variables.
I started HIVE and tried to run a HIVE command but it stalls there.

$ pwd
/usr/local/hive-0.8.1-bin
$ echo $HIVE_HOME
/usr/local/hive-0.8.1-bin
$ bin/hive
WARNING: org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.EventCounter is deprecated. Please use org.apache.hadoop.log.metrics.EventCounter in all the log4j.properties files.
Logging initialized using configuration in jar:file:/C:/cygwin/usr/local/hive-0.8.1-bin/lib/hive-common-0.8.1.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
Hive history file=/tmp/W19064/hive_job_log_W12345_201211141624_754894100.txt
hive> CREATE TABLE x (a INT);
Is there any way I could troubleshoot it? Thanks a lot.