Chukwa >> mail # dev >> [Discussion] Move to maven to make chukwa more modular

Re: [Discussion] Move to maven to make chukwa more modular
+1 on being able to build specific modules in Chukwa. I think it would
be great to be able to build each separately, along with only the
config files that each needs (we went through some pains to do this).

It seems like we could just use ant for this without having to make
major changes to the directory layout. Maybe we split the configs up
into sub-dirs, but do we need much more? It seems like the source
packages are already fairly well delineated.

If we don't want to wait on Hadoop/HBase, we could always release a
developer build of 4.x.