Pig >> mail # dev >> A major addition to Pig. Working with spatial data

+
Ahmed Eldawy 2013-05-02, 00:40
+
Alan Gates 2013-05-02, 00:50
+
Ahmed Eldawy 2013-05-02, 01:08
+
Alan Gates 2013-05-02, 17:33
Re: A major addition to Pig. Working with spatial data
Thanks Alan for your interest. It's too bad that an open source licensing
issue is holding me back from doing some open source work. I understand the
issue and your workarounds make sense. However, as I mentioned in the
beginning, I don't want to have my own branch of Pig because it makes my
extension less portable. I'll think of another way to do it. I'll ask vivid
solutions if they can double license their code although I think the answer
will be no. I'll also think of a way to ship my extension as a set of jar
files without the need to change the core of Pig. This way, it can be
easily ported to newer versions of Pig.

Thanks
Ahmed

Best regards,