HBase >> mail # user >> HBase is not running.

Re: HBase is not running.
If you truly want to understand the weirdness behind what you witnessed,
then make a big cup of coffee, prepare a notebook with a pen and sit down
to read this: http://blog.devving.com/why-does-hbase-care-about-etchosts/
My friend at devving.com had a fight like this with HBase pseudo mode, but
decided to go really deep into HBase code , JVM, Dns resolving and Linux
standards.