HBase >> mail # user >> question about region assignment upon re-enable table

question about region assignment upon re-enable table
Hi

I am just curious about the region assignment strategy upon table re-enabling.
By default, it's random assigned to the region server. I checked jira and found HBASE-6143 suggest to make it smarter like take load balancing into account.
While, I am wondering what prevent it from using the retain assignment strategy as in the case that a hbase cluster is restarting? Is there any reason that we cannot use the previous region assignments in META table?

Best Regards,
Raymond Liu