Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop and MainFrame integration

Hadoop and MainFrame integration

Hi Users.

We have flat files on mainframes with around a billion records. We need to sort them and then use them with different jobs on mainframe for report generation. I was wondering was there any way I could integrate the mainframe with hadoop do the sorting and keep the file on the sever itself ( I do not want to ftp the file to a hadoop cluster and then ftp back the sorted file to Mainframe as it would waste MIPS and nullify the advantage ). This way I could save on MIPS and ultimately improve profitability.

Thank you in advance

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!