Avro >> mail # user >> eta for 1.7.x release?

eta for 1.7.x release?
Hi,

is there an ETA for  AVRO 1.7.x release?
Specifically, I'm looking for a release with AVRO-593.

I just started using Avro Java bindings in my Hadoop (CDH3u3) project
and I'm able to create my .avro data files on HDFS (Hurrah!).

Now I need to modify my map/reduce classes to read/write Avro files.
>From what I understand Avro 1.6.3 still only supports the mapred.*  API
but not the newer org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.* API.

I saw odiago-avro as an interim solution but was wondering when 1.7 is due.

Alan
+
Doug Cutting 2012-05-21, 23:19