HBase >> mail # user >> Replication - ports/hosts

+
Patrick Schless 2013-06-17, 19:06
+
Stack 2013-06-19, 05:41
+
Michel Segel 2013-06-19, 09:49
Re: Replication - ports/hosts
Pardon me.   I should have mentioned that the slave cluster will send the
master cluster a response (success, faliure).
St.Ack
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 2:49 AM, Michel Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> What no ack from slave back to master???

> Mike Segel
>
> On Jun 19, 2013, at 12:41 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Patrick Schless <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> wrote:
> >
> >> Working on setting up HBase replication across a VPN tunnel, and
> following
> >> the docs here: [1] (and here: [2]).
> >>
> >> Two questions, regarding firewall allowances required:
> >> 1) The docs say that the zookeeper clusters must be able to reach each
> >> other. I don't see any docs on why this is (the high-level diagram
> doesn't
> >> even show a ZK ensemble on the client side). Is it correct that the ZK
> >> ensembles need to communicate with each other?
> > Yes.  ZK ensemble is the gateway to the cluster whether connecting
> locally
> > or remotely as replication does.
> >

> >> 2) What ports are required to be open for inter-cluster Region Server
> >> communication? Is it only the slave that needs to accept requests from
> the
> >> master, or does the master also accept incoming requests from the
> slaves?
> >

> > Do you mean master 'cluster' in the above?  If so, yes, the master
> cluster
> > sends data to the slave cluster (master RS to slave RSs).  The
> > communication is one way; master to slave cluster.
> >
> > If you are asking if hbase masters need to communicate, the answer is no.
> >
> > St.Ack
> > P.S. Doug, we need to add above to doc

+
Stack 2013-06-19, 15:28