MapReduce >> mail # user >> Delays in worker node jobs

Re: Delays in worker node jobs
if you increase the rate of TT heartbeating to the Job Tracker, they may
pick up work more often.

The JT only hands out work when either of
 -the TT reports a task completion
 -the TT heartbeats in

This is a design that scales well for large clusters, but can add startup
latency for small ones

steve