HBase >> mail # dev >> replicating to oneself?

+
Demai Ni 2013-10-31, 21:06
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-11-01, 01:20
Re: replicating to oneself?
Nick,

thanks for looking into this problem. I attached the hbase-site.xml in this
email. Just like to point out that I have to tear down the cluster I posted
the original log. so the hbase-site.xml is from another
cluster(single-node) with the same problem.

BTW, I did some investigation this afternoon and don't  think this is a
problem within hbase code. (background: I am working within a software
team, and quite a few engineers change hbase, hadoop, and other codes
everyday)I tried out several different installations, and found out a week
ago's build with today's hbase build work just fine; but today's build with
last week's hbase doesn't. Our build includes hadoop 2, which can introduce
something problematic.

wondering how hbase generate UUID? maybe that is something I should look
into? thanks

Demai

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 6:20 PM, Nick Dimiduk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can you post your replication settings from hbase-site.xml?
>
> On Thursday, October 31, 2013, Demai Ni wrote:
>
> > hi, folks,
> >
> > I got a strange thing happening on my cluster(hbase 0.94.9) recently. I
> am
> > setting up a new cluster for replication, and didn't see the data being
> > replicated over the peer. Then, I found the following in the log of the
> > regionserver of the Master:
> >
> > 2013-10-31 13:33:03,293 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.metrics: new
> MBeanInfo
> > 2013-10-31 13:33:03,300 INFO
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource:
> Getting
> > 1 rs from peer cluster # 3
> > 2013-10-31 13:33:03,300 INFO
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource:
> > Choosing peer hdtest018.svl.ibm.com,60020,1383251582072
> > 2013-10-31 13:33:03,302 INFO
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource:
> > Replicating *b520de1d-3a18-4aec-bd45-de000e81417d* -> *
> > b520de1d-3a18-4aec-bd45-de000e81417d*
> >
> > the log is from ReplicationSource:
> > *LOG.info("Replicating "+clusterId + " -> " + peerClusterId);*
> >
> > It seems the problematic cluster is replicating to itself.
> > Any suggestion about how to look into this problem? Many thanks
> >
> > BTW, I can replicate from another cluster to this problematic one.
> >
> > Demai

+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-11-01, 17:07
+