Accumulo, mail # dev - Fixing a messed up WAL file

Fixing a messed up WAL file
Josh Elser 2012-08-06, 02:58
In regards to ACCUMULO-716, I'm having some issues "gracefully"
recovering from a corrupt WAL file (read-as, I don't want to blow away
ZK and reinitialize).

I moved the bad file in HDFS out of ${instance.dfs.dir}/wal and then
attempted to update zookeeper to remove the entry for that bad file,
e.g. /accumulo/${instance.id}/root_tablet/walogs/bad-file. I couldn't
get around the lack of authorization to delete the file via zkCli nor
could I replicate the deletion logic piecing together Accumulo code.

Is there a utility I missed somewhere that launches a ZK shell with the
correct credentials with which I could actually manipulate the protected
data?

If memory serves me, the ZK authorization I was missing is related to
the root username/password for the instance. Is this actually the case
or did I dream that up? If so, something like `addauth digest
root:mypassword`?

Thanks!
+
Eric Newton 2012-08-06, 11:31