HBase, mail # user - Spatial data posting in HBase

+
cto 2013-09-24, 11:15
+
Ted Yu 2013-09-24, 13:43
+
Adrien Mogenet 2013-10-04, 08:01
+
Michael Segel 2013-10-08, 00:20
+
Michael Segel 2013-10-09, 13:36
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-10-07, 23:12
+
Otis Gospodnetic 2013-10-09, 14:34
+
Michael Segel 2013-10-09, 15:14
+
Otis Gospodnetic 2013-10-09, 18:35
Re: Spatial data posting in HBase
Michael Segel 2013-10-10, 17:51
HBase in Action goes through great depth of showing you how you could implement GIS information in HBase.

Unfortunately there are issues with Geohash and edge conditions which make it difficult to use when you're dealing with data on an edge of a quadrant.

A better way would be to create a point (geospatial point object) and store it in a single column.
(This goes beyond the example of what's in the book. ) And then index the data by tiles.
The downside is that you end up creating a lot more data…

Take a look at some of the stuff Boris Lublinsky published on InfoQ. There are also other articles on the net….

On Oct 9, 2013, at 1:35 PM, Otis Gospodnetic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The point is that there are options (multiple different hammers) if
> HBase support for geospatial is not there or doesn't meet OP's needs.
>
> Otis
> --
> Solr & ElasticSearch Support -- http://sematext.com/
> Performance Monitoring -- http://sematext.com/spm
>

> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Michael Segel
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> And Solr has what to do with storing data in HBase?
>>
>> I guess its true… if all you have is a hammer…
>>
>> The point I was raising was that geohash isn't the most efficient way to go when you look at the problem at a global level…
>>
>> On Oct 9, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Otis Gospodnetic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Consider using Solr, which provides a lot of geospatial search support.
>>>
>>> Otis
>>> Solr & ElasticSearch Support
>>> http://sematext.com/

Adrien Mogenet 2013-10-12, 07:34