Re: VOTE: HDFS-347 merge
On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Tsz Wo Sze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I still do not see a valid reason to remove HDFS-2246 immediately.  Some users may have insecure clusters and they don't want to change their configuration.

Because it doesn't make sense to support multiple mechanisms for the
same thing.

2246 was always intended to be a *short term solution* util 347 was
completed, eg see Sanjay's first comment on 2246:   "A shortcut has
been proposed where the client access the hdfs file blocks directly...
This is non-invasive and is a good short term solution till HDFS-347
is completed."

Thanks,
Eli