Pig, mail # user - Pig architecture explanation?

+
Gardner Pomper 2013-03-17, 23:25
Re: Pig architecture explanation?
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-03-17, 23:37
Hi Gardner,

This paper would be a good starting point
http://infolab.stanford.edu/~olston/publications/vldb09.pdf

Additionally, you could check out some other material here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/PigTalksPapers
On Mar 17, 2013, at 4:26 PM, Gardner Pomper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> When I first saw pig, I was under the impressing that it generated java
> code for a series of map/reduce jobs and then submitted that to hadoop. I
> have since seen messages that indicate the is not the way it works.
>
> I have been trying to find a document (preferably with diagrams) that shows
> what the pig architecture is and how the various mappers/reducers are
> defined and spawned.
>
> I would appreciate it if someone could point me to that documentation.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> - Gardner
+
Aniket Mokashi 2013-03-21, 18:55