Avro >> mail # dev >> Avro-C: namespace lookup and inherited namespaces

Avro-C: namespace lookup and inherited namespaces

Hi

It seems that the C version of Avro doesn't resolve fully-qualified type
names, and it doesn't understand inherited namespaces.

For example this doesn't work:

{"type": "record", "namespace": "x", "name": "Y", "fields": [
   {"name": "e", "type": {"type": "record", "name": "Z", "fields": [
     {"name": "f", "type": "x.Z"}
   ]}}
]}

It can't find the type "x.Z".

(this is similar to a Ruby
problem https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-635).

I have a patch to make this work. Should I submit a JIRA or is this issue
already fixed/not a problem?

Thanks

Ben