HBase >> mail # user >> does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?

Re: does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?
Hi Harish,

HBase still run ZooKeeper even in standalone mode:
http://hbase.apache.org/book/standalone_dist.html

So you still can face same kind of issues. But since it's not using Hadoop,
there is more memory available for you HBase, which might reduce GCs
"issues".

JM