Hive >> mail # user >> schema of hive database

+
Anson Abraham 2012-08-02, 19:04
+
Igor Tatarinov 2012-08-02, 19:13
+
Anson Abraham 2012-08-02, 19:19
+
Techy Teck 2012-08-02, 19:44
+
Techy Teck 2012-08-02, 19:59
+
Anson Abraham 2012-08-02, 20:03
+
Sandeep Reddy P 2012-08-02, 20:12
+
Techy Teck 2012-08-02, 21:54
Re: schema of hive database
Hi Techy

To use 'describe formatted' you need at least hive 0.7. But 'describe extended' should be available in hive 0.6 itself.

It is always better using the latest version. I recommend hive 0.9 at the moment.
Regards
Bejoy KS