MapReduce >> mail # user >> What else can be built on top of YARN.

What else can be built on top of YARN.
Hi all,

I was going through the motivation behind Yarn. Splitting the
responsibility of JT is the major concern.Ultimately the base (Yarn) was
built in a generic way for building other generic distributed applications
too.

I am not able to think of any other parallel processing use case that would
be useful to built on top of YARN. I though of a lot of use cases that
would be beneficial when run in parallel , but again ,we can do those using
map only jobs in MR.

Can someone tell me a scenario , where a application can utilize Yarn
features or can be built on top of YARN and at the same time , it cannot be
done efficiently using MRv2 jobs.

thanks,
Rahul