Kafka, mail # user - 0.8.0 producer can't connect to cluster?

+
Chris Curtin 2012-11-27, 15:17
+
Jun Rao 2012-11-27, 16:49
+
Chris Curtin 2012-11-27, 16:56
+
Jun Rao 2012-11-27, 17:30
+
Chris Curtin 2012-11-27, 18:12
+
Jay Kreps 2012-11-27, 18:17
+
Jason Rosenberg 2012-11-27, 18:20
Re: 0.8.0 producer can't connect to cluster?
Jay Kreps 2012-11-27, 18:30
Yeah this was one concern we had in using Yammer--lots of people use it and
we would have to agree on versions. On the other hand everyone really
wanted it. Not sure if they considered this problem.

Joel could answer the question about the bug we were having, but I think it
had to do with capturing csv metrics for performance testing.

Not sure of the best solution to this dilemma. I would love to eventually
get to a point where the client code has no dependencies, but we aren't
there yet.

-Jay

+
Chris Curtin 2012-11-27, 18:25