HBase, mail # dev - Hadoop-Snappy in synch with Hadoop trunk

Hadoop-Snappy in synch with Hadoop trunk
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-07-09, 00:16
The snappy integration in Hbase is based on Hadoop-Snappy (
http://code.google.com/p/hadoop-snappy/).

Hadoop trunk has now a Snappy codec (based on Hadoop-Snappy).

Until we have a release of Hadoop including the Snappy codec, to enable
Hbase to use Snappy, Hbase should continue using Hadoop-Snappy.

To ensure that things work smoothly and the switch over does not create any
issues, Hadoop-Snappy should be kept in sync with the Snappy codec in Hadoop
trunk.

With the help of Issay, we've synch Hadoop-Snappy with Hadoop trunk.

I'll take the job to kept them in sync in sync until we have a Hadoop
release with the Snappy codec.

Thanks.

Alejandro
+