MapReduce, mail # user - Hosting Hadoop

Re: Hosting Hadoop
Nitin Pawar 2013-08-22, 05:56
Dhaval,

It will also depend on how much data and what capacity cluster you are
building.

I agree that costs and efforts on setting up on aws for the beginning are
very less and it speeds up your developments, but if you are planning a
large cluster then you will need to think over capital costs over minimum 3
years for own hardware over setting up things on aws.

Here is one article,
http://deepvalue.net/ec2-is-380-more-expensive-than-internal-cluster/

PS: I run hadoop clusters on aws currently on aws but they are really small
scale cluster and hardly used so have not run into any issues.

Nitin Pawar