Hadoop >> mail # user >> Issue with obtaining actual replication factor

Re: Issue with obtaining actual replication factor

Hi,

One way would be through the fsck command and parsing the output
(troublesome, could also be a more specific api call for that that I am
not aware of). There you can see the replication factor that is set and
the actual replication status.

However in general after setting a new value the replication follows
this setting. It may take a while for this to happen (probably depending
on the background hadoop daemons and their refresh interval) but in the
end it does change.

BR,
George

--

---------------------------

George Kousiouris
Electrical and Computer Engineer
Division of Communications,
Electronics and Information Engineering
Tel: +30 210 772 2546
Mobile: +30 6939354121
Fax: +30 210 772 2569
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Site: http://users.ntua.gr/gkousiou/

National Technical University of Athens
9 Heroon Polytechniou str., 157 73 Zografou, Athens, Greece