I am wrapping up a unit testing doc here https://github.com/ilooner/drill/blob/DRILL-6249/docs/DevDocs.md
which expands on the unit testing presentation here https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1YwURHUQRwPYH6d9AU6sF-O_shOKMraMG6KZnRy0ePaM/edit?usp=sharing
I'd also like to propose adding the unit testing documentation along with other developer docs to the Drill master repo itself as markdown documents in the ./docs folder. There are several
advantages to doing this:
* The markdown docs are rendered nicely on github and in your IDE through the use of a markdown plugin.
* You can link directly to source files inside a markdown doc with this strategy.
* The developer documentation is versioned and updated with the code.
* Developer's only have to deal with one repo for both code and documentation changes.
Other projects like Apache Apex, Apache Spark, Apache Kudu and others also utilize the markdown docs folder strategy. See here:
* <https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/master/docs> https://github.com/apache/kudu/tree/master/docs