Leaving aside the fact that Drill needs a fork of Calcite (I accept the arguments for that, more or less), it’s embarrassing that the fork is poorly documented, poorly named (Calcite has been out of the incubator for almost 2 years, and hasn’t been called Optiq for each longer), and is in a particular company’s repository (thereby creating the impression that contributions from non-employees would not be accepted).

Also, has there been a release? My understanding is that the IP is on shaky ground unless there is a release (not necessarily one under the ASF).

What can we do to clean up this situation?

Julian