Would someone please list the reasons for which Drill required having a
custom Calcite build ? This will help integrating Calcite whenever a
release is out.

One reason I can assume is that Calcite didn't support unparsing all SQL
clauses such as FETCH and OFFSET ?

I for my self, very much need to use the latest Calcite version with Drill
and I'm willing to spend time working on that, if it's possible for my poor
Drill and Calcite knowledge.

​-
Gelbana