Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Re: What constitute a successful project?

+
Dai, Jason 2012-11-29, 13:54
+
Eric Yang 2012-11-30, 06:39
+
Jerome Boulon 2012-11-30, 09:04
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-30, 16:05
+
Eric Yang 2012-11-27, 08:08
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-27, 14:19
+
Suresh Marru 2012-11-27, 12:36
+
Benson Margulies 2012-11-27, 13:54
+
ant elder 2012-11-27, 15:16
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-27, 15:32
+
Eric Yang 2012-11-28, 05:41
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-28, 06:00
Re: What constitute a successful project?
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Eric Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Apache is a non-profit organization.  If we restrict our thinking model to
> metrics of how many developers, and how many patches are committed in
> pre-defeined time limit.

Chukwa has soon spent four years incubating, with the activity level
dropping off significantly after the first year or two. We have quite
a few examples of projects where such history predicts the eventual
dissolution of the entire community. There are however also a few
cases where the community has been able to revive itself.

The question here isn't about exact metrics or some predefined level
of activity that the project should be able to reach, but rather the
trajectory you're on. Is there a reasonable expectation that Chukwa
can reverse the downward trend in activity? What are you going to do
to make that happen?

As discussed, you already tried a few things to revive the community
earlier on. What makes this time different? Why would another say six
months help if the previous ones didn't?

BR,

Jukka Zitting
+
Jukka Zitting 2012-11-27, 08:41