HBase, mail # dev - Test for KeyValue

+
Lars George 2012-07-01, 19:32
Re: Test for KeyValue
Jesse Yates 2012-07-01, 19:46
Yeah, looks like it should be moved up. @Matt Corgan - thoughts?

My vision (perhaps arguable) is that all the "strict" unit tests can be
moved to the module in which its primary code resides (so the TestKeyValue
goes in the same module as KeyValue). For the moment, it means dropping the
@Category and bringing up any test dependencies, which it looks like there
are few if any external ones.

We can debate if we want to include categories in common, since anything
not in server (for the moment) should just be a unit test and everything in
server can be either a unit or cluster test (so anything labeled with
@Category(MediumTests.class or @Category(LargeTests.class).

I'd argue the cluster tests are probably things that can be moved into
hbase-it module that Enis just created (is creating?). His work in that
area is also going to be really useful for abstracting of the minicluster
so that it is actually feasible to have cluster tests that aren't full
blown ITs. But that's a little ways off...
-------------------
Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com
On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Lars George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For HBASE-6265 I noticed that in trunk the TestKeyValue is in
> hbase-server, while KeyValue is in hbase-common now. Is that work left over?
>
> Lars
+
Matt Corgan 2012-07-01, 20:01