Pig >> mail # user >> how to use '==' to compare chararry(string)

+
Dan Yi 2013-02-27, 01:11
Re: how to use '==' to compare chararry(string)
Dan,
    If you have double quotes in your data. try following
B = FILTER A by itemid != '""';  put single quotes .
It works in pig 0.9.2.

Thanks,
Harsha
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Dan Yi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have this simple file and tried to remove lines that have itemid column as empty string '', but it
> Won't work, I tried to set the == to some valid itemid in the file see if I can filter out those lines,
> Still it wont' work,  any one knows how to use the '=='?
>
> Pig script:
>
> A = LOAD '$DATA' AS (timestamp:chararray,itemid:chararray,actiontype:chararray,actionid:chararray,anonid:chararray,deviceid:chararray,userid:chararray,mediouserid:chararray);
> B = DISTINCT A PARALLEL 2;
>
> -- none of the following filter would work.
> C = FILTER B BY itemid == '';
> D = FILTER B BY itemid == '591837';
> E = FILTER B BY actiontype == 'AddToCart';
>
> STORE A INTO 'OUTPUT1/A' USING PigStorage();
> STORE B INTO 'OUTPUT1/B' USING PigStorage();
> STORE C INTO 'OUTPUT1/C' USING PigStorage();
> STORE D INTO 'OUTPUT1/D' USING PigStorage();
> STORE E INTO 'OUTPUT1/E' USING PigStorage();
>

> Data file is attached in the email.
>
> Thanks.

+
Dan Yi 2013-02-27, 17:11