Sqoop, mail # user - sqoop 2 installation

+
Κωνσταντίνος Αρετάκης 2013-06-24, 06:33
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-06-24, 15:17
Re: sqoop 2 installation
Konstantinos Aretakis 2013-06-24, 17:02
Thanks again.
 I did exactly that so I suppose my sqoop server should be running...

However when I set my server host at client I get a connection refused...

I 've seen there is a sqoop.properties file that requires a username
(that is sa from default) and a password!
I think that is the problem. How I should configure that? The
instructions are not very clear in that part!
K.A

On 24 Ιουν 2013, at 18:18, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi sir,
> Hadoop 1 have usually all required jars in the same path known usually referred as HADOOP_HOME. The split to common, hdfs and yarn has happen in Hadoop 2. Therefore you should be fine with only specifying path to your custom folder.
>
> Jarcec
>
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 09:33:01AM +0300, Κωνσταντίνος Αρετάκης wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have installed hadoop 1.1.2 from source in a custom folder at my pc and
>> want to install sqoop2.
>>
>> According to the installation instructions
>>
>> ./bin/addtowar.sh -hadoop-version 2.0 -hadoop-path
>> /usr/lib/hadoop-common:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn
>>
>> I need to specify the hadoop-version that is 1.0 in my case and the
>> hadoop-path
>>
>> So except hadoop-common that is the root of my hadoop installation can
>> anyone tell where the other two folders hadoop-hdfs, hadoop-yarn should be
>> located?
>>
>> Thanks
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-06-24, 17:16