Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Storing Geospatial Tiles in Accumulo Question

Re: Storing Geospatial Tiles in Accumulo Question
Susan

Recently had a discussion about a great geo "trick" for Accumulo. As you know Accumulo maintains a sorted set of rows based on RowID, ColFam, ColQual. If you had data with LAT/LON values and you interlace the digits (fake coods example: lat 203.5, lon 127.1 --> 210237.51), it turns out that sorting keeps close points together in the table space. It only works for points not tiles, but perhaps you may want some analytics on center points of tiles or perhaps you want to efficiently index points of interest for structures or other features.

Best,
David Arsenault
The MITRE Corporation

Sent from my iPad