HBase >> mail # user >> GET performance degrades over time

Re: GET performance degrades over time
If you're not swapping then don't worry about it.

My comment was that even though you set the swap to 0, and I'm going from memory, its possible for some swap to occur.
(But I could be wrong. )

You really don't have a lot of memory, and you have a  5GB heap... MSLABS on? Could you be facing a GC pause?