Flume >> mail # user >> Could not instantiate class org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender

+
孙东亮 2013-01-14, 03:25
+
Chhaya Vishwakarma 2013-01-14, 04:52
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 05:24
+
Connor Woodson 2013-01-14, 05:50
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 06:05
+
Chhaya Vishwakarma 2013-01-14, 06:10
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-14, 06:58
+
Connor Woodson 2013-01-14, 07:10
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-14, 08:53
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 09:30
Re: Could not instantiate class org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender
May you ask on the Pig mailing list? This looks like not a Flume issue, and I think the pig knowledge is a bit limited here. The only option as I know so far has Connor described.

- Alex

On Jan 14, 2013, at 10:30 AM, Dongliang Sun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have followed Connor's instructions and build the pig from pig-trunk.
>
> But get the same error if I do not do anything else.
> log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate class
> [org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender.Log4jAppender].
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender.Log4jAppender
>
> So what should I do next? Copy the jars from $FLUME_HOME/lib to
> pig-trunk/lib manually?
>

> 2013/1/14 Alexander Alten-Lorenz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> Thanks, thats correct.
>>
>> @Dongliang: Please follow the instructions Connor gave.
>>
>> - Alex
>>
>> On Jan 14, 2013, at 8:10 AM, Connor Woodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> He's running Pig, not Flume, but trying to get the Flume Log4jAppender
>>> working.
>>>
>>> If you want to try to compile with the log4jappender, download Pig from
>>> Github and add the following to ivy.xml, then 'ant build':
>>>
>>> <dependency org="org.apache.flume" name="flume-ng-clients" rev="1.3.1"/>

>> org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.instantiateByClassName(OptionConverter.java:320)
>>>>>

>> org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.instantiateByKey(OptionConverter.java:121)
>>>>>

>> org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigurator.java:664)
>>>>>

>> org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigurator.java:647)
>>>>>

>> org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCatsAndRenderers(PropertyConfigurator.java:568)
>>>>>

>> org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:442)
>>>>>

>> org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(PropertyConfigurator.java:367)

Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 07:11
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-14, 08:13
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 08:37
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 05:42