HBase >> mail # user >> GC recommendations for large Region Server heaps

+
Suraj Varma 2013-07-08, 18:09
+
Vladimir Rodionov 2013-07-08, 18:33
Re: GC recommendations for large Region Server heaps
@Vladimir: Yes - 8GB heap pauses are quite low and around what you mention.
My concern was about the pauses that *may* be triggered when I move to 24GB
(i.e. much larger heaps), for instance.

@Kevin: Thanks! I think mslab is already enabled by default now.
CMSParallelRemarkEnabled is interesting - I'll read up more on this one. I
already have the other parameters set on my RS, including the
CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction. But will double check nevertheless. Thanks
for your quick response.

--Suraj

+
Kevin Odell 2013-07-08, 18:25