Bigtop, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Using --signoff option with git am when committing patches

Re: [DISCUSS] Using --signoff option with git am when committing patches
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-08, 05:56
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Mark Grover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The commit is still attributed to the contributor but I think it would be
> nice for logistical reasons to have the committer name in the log messages
> of the commit.

I would be curious to hear more about why you think this would
be helpful. The reason I'm asking is that Git is different from SVN
in this respect -- with SVN comments are the only place for
this info while Git tracks committers separately anyway.

> Anyways, I have started documenting this at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+Contribute
>
> Please let me know what you think!

Great start! Perhaps add a link to it onto our website (patch, please ;-))?

Thanks,
Roman.