Flume >> mail # user >> Constant Traffic on port 35872

Re: Constant Traffic on port 35872
You may want to check property named flume.reporter.poller.period in
flume-conf.xml or flume-site.xml; default value is 2000 (millis) in case
of not being defined.
if you cannot find the property in flume-conf.xml, add it to
flume-site.xml and set value to 60000 (60 sec).

I am not sure which version of flume-og you are using, but in what I am
using (v0.9.4), the related class seems to have been deprecated.

- JS

On 1/17/13 4:00 PM, Alexander Alten-Lorenz wrote:
> Depends on the architecture, since the nodes are configured per master's webui. The master calls regularly the in-memory config and spread them around. This is needed for HA, as example.
> Flume 1.x up has another architecture.
>
> - Alex
>
> On Jan 17, 2013, at 5:02 AM, James Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I’ve just realised that it’s*exactly* the same data that is returned when you connect to http://my.flume.node:35862, (for monitoring etc). Even the order in which the metrics are sent is the same.
>>
>> So it seems that the node is generating this configuration data and pumping it back to the master every 1-2 seconds. This produces ~40-80Kb/sec of largely unnecessary traffic per node, which soon adds up over a WAN.
>>
>> I can understand why this config data would be sent back to the master occasionally but I don’t understand why it does so every 1-2 seconds, ignoring flume.config.heartbeat.period.

Jeong-shik Jang / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gruter, Inc., R&D Team Leader
www.gruter.com
Enjoy Connecting