HBase >> mail # user >> Is there any way to balance one table?

+
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-20, 01:01
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-20, 01:08
+
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-20, 01:16
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-20, 03:23
+
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-20, 02:35
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-20, 02:58
+
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-20, 03:40
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-20, 03:45
RE: Is there any way to balance one table?
Yeah, Since balance is already done on each table, why slop is not calculate upon each table...

> You're right. Default sloppiness is 20%:
>     this.slop = conf.getFloat("hbase.regions.slop", (float) 0.2);
> src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/master/DefaultLoadBalancer.java
>
> Meaning, region count on any server can be as far as 20% from average region
> count.
>
> You can tighten sloppiness.
>
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Liu, Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I do call balancer, while it seems it doesn't work. Might due to this
> > table is small and overall region number difference is within threshold?

+
Marcos Ortiz 2013-02-20, 03:43
+
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-20, 03:48