Zookeeper, mail # user - lost ZK events across datacenters

+
Jun Rao 2011-06-01, 18:40
+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-01, 19:04
Re: lost ZK events across datacenters
Jun Rao 2011-06-01, 20:08
I am using the zkclient package (https://github.com/sgroschupf/zkclient.git).
The watcher code seems reasonable. Basically, each watcher event is first
added to a queue. A separate event thread dequeues each event and reads the
children of a path (which re-registers the watcher) and invokes the
registered listener.

Anybody knows any issues in zkclient?

Thanks,

Jun

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is most commonly due, in my own history of programming errors, to
> writing code that has a race window in it.  It is conceivable that cross
> data-center operation would make such a race more of a problem.
>
> Can you say a bit about your code?  Did you make sure to use standard
> idioms
> as opposed to setting the watch in a different call from reading the data?
>
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a setup where multiple ZK clients are sitting in a different
> > datacenter from the ZK server. All clients registered the same child
> > watcher
> > on a path. However, when the children of the path changed, the watcher on
> 1
> > of the clients didn't fire. This seems to have happened a couple of times
> > me. I am using ZK 3.3.3. Has anyone used ZK in a cross datacenter setup
> and
> > seen problems like that before?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jun

+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-01, 20:18
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-01, 21:05
+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-01, 23:21
+
Camille Fournier 2011-06-01, 23:28
+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-01, 23:29
+
Fournier, Camille F. [Tec... 2011-06-01, 21:18
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-01, 22:14
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-06-02, 17:49
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-03, 08:40
+
Fournier, Camille F. [Tec... 2011-06-03, 16:32
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-03, 16:56
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-03, 16:59
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-06-03, 17:18
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-08, 20:55
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-06-08, 21:02
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-10, 06:02
+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-10, 06:09
+
Fournier, Camille F. [Tec... 2011-06-06, 19:13
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-08, 20:51