Accumulo >> mail # user >> Timing out on connection

Timing out on connection
When connecting to Accumulo in Java, I'll often get:

*There are no tablet servers: check that zookeeper and accumulo are running.
*
*
*
The status is understood - usually my server is down. The problem is that
my code will wait forever, without eventually tossing an exception.

Is there anyway to set a timeout parameter or force the method to
conditionally connect?

Thanks
Bill
+